A top-rated Windows Tune Up software solution at
Best-PCTuneUp.com, TuneUp Utilities 2011
was designed to make PC maintenance even easier for both
novice and professional computer users.
TuneUp Utilities 2011 keeps Windows XP, Windows Vista and
Windows 7 clean,
disables unnecessary programs and gives users the best
system performance - whether they use their computers for work
or play. More than 12 years of Windows optimization
experience has gone into developing the software, and that's
something consumers can sense right away. Find out how
TuneUp Utilities 2011 can help both beginner and
professional computer users improve their PCs.
TuneUp has integrated several new features to make Windows
optimization very easy for the user, and many of TuneUp
Utilities' trusted functions have been enhanced as well.
With the Overview of all Functions view, users can easily
access all 32 features and settings that TuneUp Utilities
modifies in one place.
A key new feature to this version of TuneUp Utilities is
TuneUp Program Deactivator with TuneUp Programs-on-Demand
Technology, which allows users to completely turn off
unused programs and drastically reduce the load on their
PCs. This innovative feature prevents having to uninstall
and reinstall programs that might be useful later. The
services, startup entries, background processes or scheduled
tasks that are turned off in a program will remain inactive
until needed again. In doing this, users can avoid a loss in
performance caused by having too many programs installed.
The enhanced Turbo Mode enables users to shut down more than
70 background processes that slow down Windows 7, XP and
Vista with a single click. Disabling these features will
increase PC performance when users are focusing on work or
Tuning Status updates users on how well they have optimized
their PCs and displays what improvements TuneUp Utilities
has performed. It identifies other potential tuning measures
to ensure that no optimization opportunities are overlooked.
The new rating feature in TuneUp Utilities was designed to
help users make the best tuning decisions. It informs them
about the usefulness of installed programs, so they know
what programs to deactivate, what start-up entries to turn
off and what third-party software to uninstall. All TuneUp
Utilities users are able to guide their peers, helping them
to get the most performance out of their Windows PCs.
TuneUp Turbo Mode
With a single click, users can disable a number of
background applications, such as various Windows services,
complex search functions and scheduled maintenance tasks, in
Windows XP, Vista and 7 that are not needed. This feature
allows users' PCs to concentrate entirely on their programs,
which means users will see fewer interruptions, and gamers
will enjoy more frames per second (FPS).
TuneUp Live Optimization
- This function automatically prevents background
processes from taking up too much of the PC's resources.
TuneUp Live Optimization lowers the priority of
resource-draining background applications.
- This results in noticeably faster program startup
and response times as well as greater speed and
stability for users. Games can also run with more FPS.
Windows 7 Support
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 offers complete support for
Microsoft's latest operating system in both the 32-bit and
- Available for Windows Vista and 7 users, this
feature shows the computer's health directly on the
- Users can start the TuneUp Utilities 2011 features
they need directly via the TuneUp Gadget.
TuneUp Optimization Report
- This displays how many unnecessary files TuneUp
Utilities 2011 has cleaned, how many registry entries
have been deleted and how many PC problems have been
- Users can display results from the last seven days,
30 days or even since the installation of TuneUp
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 automatically performs
optimization tasks and ensures that users' PCs run
quickly and reliably, at all times.
- The optimization processes regularly run in the
background; this way, users can work or play on their
PCs, without having to worry about performing
maintenance tasks themselves. Automatic Maintenance only
starts when PCs are not being actively used.
- To save and prolong the battery life of laptops and
netbooks, Automatic Maintenance will not start if the
device is running on battery power.
Redesigned Start Center
- This immediately shows users any problems or
bottlenecks, such as pending optimization tasks that
need to be performed.
- It provides users with access to individual
features, while giving them an overview of the PC's
- The redesigned Start Center is even easier to use.
The previous version of TuneUp Utilities had seven
categories. In TuneUp Utilities 2011, this has been
reduced to four sections that give users faster access
to optimization and customization features.
Greater Ease of Use
- Windows can now be optimized with just a few clicks
of the mouse; the features in TuneUp Utilities 2011 are
more easily accessible than ever before.
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 does not make use of technical
jargonâ€”enabling no-vice computer users to maintain their
PCs without any hassles.
Improved Help Center
- If users still have questions about PC optimization,
the program's Help Center has been significantly updated
with support topics that are even easier to understand.
Trusted Features of TuneUp Utilities.
All of TuneUp
Utilities' familiar features have been included in the new
version. TuneUp has focused on further improving many of the
original program functions, such as those for:
Boosting PC Performance
Defragmenting Hard Disks
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 arranges files and folders on the hard
disk more intelligently, so that they can be read and
written more quickly.
- It increases the transfer rate when opening, copying and
moving files, and speeds up startup times for both Windows
- For those users with little time, there is now a Fast
Defragmentation method for hard disks.
Defragmenting and Cleaning Up the Registry
- The software cleans the registry and fixes problems that can
lead to error messages during consumers' normal Windows use.
- Each mouse click results in hundreds of read and write
operations to the registry; as such, cleaning and
defragmenting the registry reduces errors in Windows and
- The registry can be defragmented the next time the
PC is started. That way, users do not need to restart
their PCs immediately and can continue to work without being
Freeing Up Disk Space
- Data clutter that automatically arises from using Windows or
other programs is deleted.
- Temporary Internet files or cached map materials (for
example, from Google Earth) are deleted.
- With features for organizing disk space, users can easily
find and delete the biggest, disk space eaters, such as
videos or large image files.
Configuring System Startup
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 recognizes which programs
automatically start when the PC is switched on. The list of
easy-to-understand descriptions for thou-sands of startup
programs is regularly updated by TuneUp.
- Users can disable unnecessary startup programs with a single
click. With each switched-off entry, PC performance
increases, and boot-up time de-creases significantly.
- TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance and Automatic Maintenance automatically disable unnecessary startup programs.
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 offers an online search feature
for autostart programs it hasn't yet recognized.
Serving as a Performance Advisor
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 lists the computer's most notorious
"performance hogsâ€. The software explains in
easy-to-understand terms what is slowing down the PC.
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 also offers clear recommendations (for example, what
complex graphic effects are really necessary and why) and
helps users identify where the problems are and how to
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 assists users in searching for
programs that are rare-ly or never used and that can be
uninstalledâ€”with a single click.
- If users are not familiar with a particular program
name, they can quickly find out what it is through the
online search feature.
- Any changes made can be undone at any time with TuneUp
- Users can restore their original settings, with a single
click of the mouse.
Increasing Stability and Eliminating Hassles
Using TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance and Automatic Maintenance
- These features fix problems in the registry, delete orphaned
shortcuts, get rid of unnecessary files and reorganize data
on the hard disk.
- TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance can be manually launched
at any time; Automatic Maintenance automatically starts on a
- Both modules can be configured independently so that
users can set up their own personal maintenance programs.
- Unnecessary startup programs, such as Office quick
start applications, can be automatically disabled. Even the
most important Windows set-tings are analyzed and fixed
- Automatic Maintenance only starts when consumers are
not actively using their PCs. Work or games will not be
- If TuneUp Utilities 2011 is being used on a laptop or netbook,
Automatic Maintenance will not start if the device
is running on battery power. This saves and prolongs battery
Restoring Deleted Data
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 searches the entire hard disk for all
of the deleted files and restores them, with a single click
of the mouse. Note: Files are not deleted by Windows even if
the Recycle Bin has been emptiedâ€”only the references to the
files and folders actually disappear.
- Restoring files works with data on a USB stick and pictures
on a camera's memory card, once the devices have been
connected to the PC.
- Users can save time and restore lost data without any
Fixing Typical Problems
TuneUp Utilities 2011 fixes the most difficult problems in
Windows XP, Vista and 7. For example:
- Users receive the message, Disk Read Error. By thoroughly
scanning the hard disk, TuneUp Utilities 2011 keeps it
- The Recycle Bin has disappeared. TuneUp Utilities
2011 takes care of the complicated changesâ€”involved in
restoring the Windows iconsâ€”in the registry.
- Windows Update won't start. TuneUp Utilities 2011 repairs
important library files and registry entries for the Windows
Update feature to get it working again.
- When trying to install programs, users receive error
messages relating to the Windows Installer Service. TuneUp
Utilities 2011 restores important library files for Windows
Installer; these files are responsible for many Installer
Wizards, so that programs can be installed again.
Removing Invalid Shortcuts
- Any dead shortcuts linked to files or programs can
be automatically cleaned up with TuneUp Utilities 2011.
These shortcuts can be on the desktop, in the Start
Menu, on the Quick Launch bar or in the histories (for
example, the songs played most recently in Media Player
or Microsoft Office files deleted a long time ago).
- The desktop can be cleaned with just a few clicks.
Monitoring and Managing Processes
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 helps if a file cannot be deleted.
- It checks to see if programs access certain files and which
ones are doing so, and shows all opened files.
- The program can be closed directly, so that users can delete
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 allows users to personalize the look
of their PCs upon startup.
- Windows Vista users can also change the animated startup
- Users can select their logon screen or use their own
pictures to customize the appearance of their Windows
- Users can apply a modern visual style to their entire
interface, and change the look and feel of Windows XP and
Vista to suit their individual taste. Many styles can be
downloaded from the TuneUp Web site.
Configuring Windows Settings
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 reliably configures all risky settings
in the registry or Windows system files.
- The software assists novice and professional PC users alike
when it comes to complex changes in the registry; these
changes no longer need to be performed manually.
- The software configures more than 400 settings in Windows,
and explains each individual setting in easy-to-understand
Editing the Registry
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 supports experienced users who
want to edit the registry themselves, and want to get
more functionality than the basic regedit Windows tool.
- In addition, there is an easy search feature, a
well-organized Favorites function, and a simple process for
- With copy and paste, users can copy a full registry key path
(for example, on Web sites) and jump right to the
- Any changes that need to be undone can be carried out with
TuneUp Rescue Center, at any time.
English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Polish and